Wednesday, December 19, 2012

'Man placed bomb, returned to work at McDonalds'

The central suspect in last month's bus bombing in Tel Aviv planted the explosive device and then took the train back to his job at the McDonald's in Modi'in, prosecutors stated in an indictment issued on Wednesday. Muhammed Abed Al Jaffer Nasser Mafarja, an 18-year-old resident of Taibeh, was charged with aiding the enemy in a time of war, dozens of counts of attempted murder, conspiracy to commit a crime, causing an explosion, aggravated assault, illegal transporting weapons, and giving assistance to an illegal organization. Mafarja, who could potentially receive several life sentences, was originally from the West Bank but was able to move within the Green Line and acquire a blue Israeli ID after a family reunification. Indictments were pending against three other suspects the Shin Bet said were part of a "military cell" from the Ramallah area, which they said also plotted to carry out suicide bombings and shooting attacks against Israeli politicians and IDF soldiers.
More...

No comments: