MailOnline, October 17, 2016:
Terrified teachers and students were barricaded in classrooms as several schools in Germany were placed on lockdown due to threats of a mass shooting.
Schools in the cities of Leipzig and Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt were sent chilling emails this morning, warning of shootings.
Police officers were then quickly dispatched, while the teachers and children were ordered to stay inside.
At one of the schools, the Reclam High School in Leipzig, officers armed with guns and wearing bullet proof vests were pictured outside.
At a grammar school in the district of Stotteritz children were told to remain in classrooms while at two schools in Magdeburg police officers stormed the buildings to investigate.
After the threats, some schools decided to continue with lessons while others told children to go home for the day.
A police spokesman confirmed that the schools had been threatened but did not say what the emails contained.
Officials also added that they did not believe the threats constituted a serious danger.
Germany is on high terror alert after a wave of attacks this year, heaping pressure on chancellor Angela Merkel’s open-door immigration policy….